See Yourself Saving with Flip N’ Win
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
The See Yourself Saving with Flip N’ Win contest (the “Contest”) is only open to legal residents of Canada (excluding British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Yukon, Nunavut and Newfoundland and Labrador) who have reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of registration. Void where prohibited by law. Despite the foregoing, employees, representatives and agents of Giant Tiger Stores Limited (the “Sponsor”), Launchfire Interactive, Inc. (the “Administrator”), any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution or administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Contest Parties”) and their immediate family members (i.e. spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members (i.e. people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each such employee, representative or agent are not eligible to enter the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Participation constitutes an entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion).
2. Sponsor and Administrator’s Address
Sponsor: Giant Tiger Stores Limited, 2480 Walkley Road, Ottawa ON, K1G 6A9.
Administrator: Launchfire Interactive, Inc., 22 Hamilton Avenue North, Ottawa, Ontario, K1Y 1B6.
The Contest begins on November 13, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and closes December 17, 2019 at 11:59pm ET (the “Contest Period”). The clock of the Administrator’s server(s) shall be the sole determinant of the time for the purposes of this Contest.
4. How to Play
To play the Coin Flip game (the “Game”), you must first register for the Contest (see Section 5 below for details regarding how to register). Once you have registered for the Contest, login to the Contest Website (defined below) and follow the on-screen instructions to use one (1) Game Play and press “Play Now” (each a “Play”). After you have selected to Play, at the start of the Game, you will be presented with nine (9) icons (each, an “Icon”) (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion on the basis of an assortment algorithm) and you must select five (5) of these nine (9) Icons (each, a “Selection”) to flip them over (each, a “Flipped Icon”
Each Game will include the following Icons:
- Three (3) Friendly, the Giant Tiger Icons (each, a “Friendly Icon”);
- Three (3) Online Shopping Cart Icons (each, a “Shopping Icon”); and
- Three (3) Christmas Bow Icons (each, a “Bow Icon”).
The object of the game is to complete a set of three (3) matching Flipped Icons (each, a “Matching Set”). A Game Play will end when you either complete your first Matching Set or fail to complete a Matching Set (as determined by the Sponsor and/or Administrator at its sole and absolute discretion). For further clarity, if three (3) of the Flipped Icons do not match (as determined by the Sponsor and/or Administrator at its sole and absolute discretion), you will not receive any entries associated with that Play.
A Matching Set will award you with the following entries into the corresponding Grand Prize Draw, as applicable:
- A $2,500 Icon Matching Set will award you with one (1) entry into the Grand Prize 1 Draw (defined below) (a “Grand Prize 1 Entry”);
- A $1,000 Icon Matching Set will award you with one (1) entry into the Grand Prize 2 Draw (defined below) (a “Grand Prize 2 Entry”); and
- A $500 Icon Matching Set will award you with one (1) entry into the Grand Prize 3 Draw (defined below) (a “Grand Prize 3 Entry”).
In addition, upon registration, you will earn one (1) entry into the corresponding weekly random draw(s) (see below for details) (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion on the basis of its official records) (a “Weekly Draw Entry”). Collectively, Grand Prize 1 Entries, Grand Prize 2 Entries, Grand Prize 3 Entries and Weekly Draw Entries will be referred to as “Entries”.
You may continue to play the Game until you have run out of Plays or the close of the Contest Period, whichever occurs first.
5. How to Register and Earn Plays
To register, visit www.gianttigercontest.com (the “Contest Website”) during the Contest Period and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process, which will require you to: (i) provide your first name, last name, email address, province, and postal code; (ii) create a password for the purposes of subsequent participation in the Contest; and, (iii) confirm that you agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and click "Submit". After submitting your registration in compliance with these Official Rules (as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion), including, without limitation, the procedure described above, you will be given five (5) Plays. You will also earn one (1) Weekly Draw Entry and be entered into the corresponding random weekly draw(s). You can earn additional Plays through the various options set forth below by following the on-screen instructions available on the Contest Website.
- Opting-in to Receive Email Offers: You will receive ten (10) Plays if you sign up to receive emails from the Sponsor featuring offers and information about products and promotions. If you are already signed up to receive emails from Sponsor, please opt-in again through the Contest Website to receive your ten (10) Plays. You may only opt-in once and you may later withdraw your opt-in consent for the Sponsor to use your personal information to send promotional emails without affecting your Contest eligibility. For further clarity, withdrawing your opt-in consent does not impact your Game, Plays or Contest eligibility. You may only earn a maximum of ten (10) Plays pursuant to this option.
- Answering Quiz Questions: There will be a total of five (5) multiple-choice challenge questions. You will receive two (2) Play for each question you answer correctly (as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion), for a total maximum of ten (10) Plays for correctly answering all quiz questions. You can only answer each question correctly once. You can answer a question as many times as you like until you answer it correctly. You must answer a question correctly in order to advance to the next question. To answer a challenge question, follow the Contest Website on-screen instructions and you will be presented with: (i) one of the challenge questions; (ii) multiple answers to choose from; (iii) a button labeled “Click Here to Find the Answer”, which will open a link (the “Link”) to find the answer, and (iv) a "Submit" button. The Link will open a new browser window. You will then be required to search for the correct answer to the applicable challenge question. Once you have found what you believe to be the correct answer, select the corresponding answer from amongst the multiple answers to choose from and select “Submit”
- Entering Codes: You will be awarded five (5) Plays for each unique social code you enter via the Website during the Contest Period. Codes will be published during Contest Period as follows: (a) on the Sponsor’s website at https://www.gianttiger.com; (b) on the Sponsor’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/GiantTiger/; (c) on the Sponsor’s Instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/gianttigerstore/; (d) within Giant Tiger locations (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); and (e) in GT ID newsletters. You may only enter any unique code once and you may only earn a maximum of fifteen (15) Plays during the Contest Period pursuant to this option.
- Sharing with Friends: You can earn up to a maximum of twenty five (25) Plays as a result of persons registering for the Contest for the first time in compliance with these Official Rules (as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion), earning five (5) Plays for each such friend who registers for the Contest for the first time in accordance with any of the three (3) methods outlined below. IMPORTANT NOTE: You may only share with friends with whom you have had direct voluntary two way communications, and with whom it is reasonable to conclude that you have a personal relationship considering shared interests, experiences, opinions and other relevant factors. You may only share with family members to whom you are related by marriage, a common-law partnership, or parent-child relationship, and with whom you have had direct voluntary two way communications. You are solely responsible for ensuring you only share Contest-related information in compliance with applicable anti-spam laws in Canada (and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties (defined below) with respect to any claim to the contrary).
- Personal Link or Banner: To retrieve your personal web link, click on the “Share” link and locate the personal web link or personal banner on this page. A unique link will be displayed which you can copy to share. You may wish to post your link on instant messenger, blogs, message boards and personal web pages or in emails (subject to compliance with the applicable platform’s terms of service and applicable anti-spam laws in Canada). The distribution of your personal web link is at your discretion, subject to the following: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel and void any personal web link (and all associated earned Plays) which they deem, in their sole and absolute discretion, to be used or associated with content that is inappropriate. Without limiting the foregoing, such content includes all forms of pornography, spam, inappropriate language and content that incites hate, is demeaning, depreciates the value of the Sponsor’s name(s), brand(s), products or trade-marks, or incites discrimination of in any form.
- Twitter Posts Invites: To invite friends via Twitter, login to the Contest Website, click on the Twitter® icon in the “share with friends” section and perform the following three required steps: (i) click to post the predefined message that is provided by Sponsor; (ii) enter your Twitter username; and (iii) press the “Tweet” button.
- Facebook Posts Invites: To invite friends via Facebook, if you are a Facebook user registered through Facebook Connect, click on the Facebook icon in the “share with friends” section. You will then be able to post a message on Facebook regarding the Contest.
- PRIVACY NOTE: No personal information will be collected by the Sponsor or the Administrator from Facebook or Twitter.
Limit of seventy five (75) Plays per person and per email address during the Contest Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Plays by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and/or logins, or any other method that does not comply with the letter and spirit of these Official Rules will void that entrant’s participation and that entrant may be disqualified (as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion). Use of any automated system to participate in this Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification (as determined by the Sponsor at its sole discretion). Disposable email addresses cannot be used for Contest registration. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registered user or entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. A potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All Entries and Plays become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to contact any entrant whose email address is submitted as part of this Contest for the purpose of administering this Contest. All Entries, Plays and entrants are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) for the purposes of verifying an entrant’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; and/or for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with the letter and spirit of these Rules. For greater certainty, Plays and Entries can be revoked or invalidated by the Sponsor at any time and for any reason (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion).
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook®, Instagram® or Twitter®. You are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook®, Instagram ® or Twitter®. Facebook®, Instagram ® or Twitter® are completely released of all liability from each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not Facebook®, Instagram ® or Twitter®.
6. Potential Winner Selection
Grand Prize Winners Selected By Random Drawing
On or about December 20, 2019 at approximately 1:00 p.m. ET in Ottawa, Ontario, the Administrator will perform the following three (3) separate computer-generated random draws (one random draw for each of the respective Grand Prizes) (each, a “Grand Prize Draw”)
- One (1) “Grand Prize 1 Draw” from among all eligible Grand Prize 1 Entries received during the Contest Period and the first selected entrant shall be deemed the potential Grand Prize 1 winner. The odds of winning Grand Prize 1 will depend on the number of eligible Grand Prize 1 Entries received during the Contest Period.
- One (1) “Grand Prize 2 Draw” from among all eligible Grand Prize 2 Entries received during the Contest Period and the first selected entrant shall be deemed the potential Grand Prize 2 winner. The odds of winning Grand Prize 2 will depend on the number of eligible Grand Prize 2 Entries received during the Contest Period.
- One (1) “Grand Prize 3 Draw” from among all eligible Grand Prize 3 Entries received during the Contest Period and the first selected entrant shall be deemed the potential Grand Prize 3 winner. The odds of winning Grand Prize 3 will depend on the number of eligible Grand Prize 3 Entries received during the Contest Period.
Weekly Prize Winners Selected by Random Drawing
Each Friday, during the duration of the Contest Period, starting on Friday, November 15, 2019 and ending Friday, December 13, 2019, at approximately 1:00 p.m. ET in Ottawa, Ontario, the Administrator will perform one (1) separate computer-generated random draw to determine the potential weekly prize winner. In the course of each random draw, the Administrator will randomly select one (1) eligible Weekly Draw Entry from all eligible Weekly Draw Entries received during the Contest Period to date. For greater certainty, all unselected Weekly Draw Entries in a weekly draw will carry over into any subsequent weekly draw(s). The odds of winning a Weekly Prize depend on the total number of eligible Weekly Draw Entries received during the Contest Period at the time each weekly draw is held.
Potential Grand Prize and Weekly Prize winners will be contacted using the email address provided at the time of registration. Potential winners will be notified by email within one (1) business day after the applicable draw date. Failure to respond to the initial verification e-mail within five (5) calendar days of notification or after three (3) attempts (whichever occurs first) or any return of a notification e-mail as undeliverable will result in disqualification and the Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate potential Grand Prize and Weekly Prize winner in a random drawing of all applicable remaining valid entries that correspond to such Grand Prize or Weekly Prize, as applicable. Before being declared a winner, each potential winner must comply with the requirements outlined in Sections 7 and 8 below (as determined by the Sponsor at its sole and absolute discretion).
7. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. A POTENTIAL WINNER OF A GRAND PRIZE OR WEEKLY PRIZE IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE WEBSITE SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL THE POTENTIAL WINNER’S ELIGIBILITY HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND THE POTENTIAL WINNER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND SUCCESSFUL. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF THE VALIDATION PROCESS DESCRIBED HEREIN. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED DEFECTIVE AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONOURED.
8. Verification of Potential Winners
Each potential winner must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill testing question in order to be eligible to receive a prize. The mathematical skill testing question will be stated in the applicable potential winner’s Declaration and Release, which the potential winner is required to complete, sign and return, as instructed. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winners of a Grand Prize will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within five (5) calendar days of the date the initial verification e-mail is sent, a Declaration and Release in order to claim his/her applicable Grand Prize. The potential winners of a Weekly Prize will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within five (5) calendar days of the date the initial verification e-mail is sent, a Declaration and Release in order to claim his/her applicable Weekly Win Prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted as described herein, fails to sign and return the Declaration and Release within the required time period, incorrectly answers the skill testing question, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner will forfeit the applicable prize (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion). There will be no redraws for Weekly Prizes that are forfeited and such Weekly Prizes will not be awarded. In the event that a potential winner of a Grand Prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable Grand Prize to an alternate winner, following the procedure described above (see Section 6, with necessary amendments). A valid ID may be requested by the Sponsor prior to fulfilling any Weekly Prize or Grand Prize.
There are three (3) grand prizes (each, a “Grand Prize”) available to be won. The following table outlines the description and quantity of each Grand Prize. Limit of one (1) Grand Prize per person.
|1||1 prize of $2500 CAD in Giant Tiger Gift Cards||1||$2,500.00 CAD|
|2||1 prize of $1000 CAD in Giant Tiger Gift Cards||1||$1000.00 CAD|
|3||1 prize of $500 CAD in Giant Tiger Gift Cards||1||$500.00 CAD|
There are five (5) weekly prizes (each, an “Weekly Prize”) available to be won at the start of the Contest Period. Each Weekly Prize consists of one (1) $100 CAD Giant Tiger gift card. The number of Weekly Prizes available to be won will decrease as they are claimed throughout the Contest Period, with one (1) Weekly Prize being awarded each week.
Collectively, the Grand Prizes and the Weekly Prizes will be referred to as the “Prizes”.
For all Prizes: Each Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right (at its sole discretion) to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason, including a cash award. The Sponsor takes no responsibility for any lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late or destroyed Prizes.
Total approximate retail value for all Prizes is $4,500.00 CAD.
10. Entry Conditions and Release
By entering, each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or the Administrator which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, registration or participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of a prize (if applicable); and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of a prize (if applicable).
Except where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, each winner consents to Sponsor and its agents’ use of such winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or city and province for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration.
12. General Conditions
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Sponsor and/or Administrator reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in Quebec, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason or including, without limitation, fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor and/or Administrator in its sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor and/or Administrator reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other contest or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor and/or Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor and/or Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Technical Support
The following browsers are best supported by the Administrator’s website hosting system: Safari (Versions 11+), Microsoft Edge (Latest Version), Google Chrome (Last 5 Versions), Mozilla Firefox (Latest), iOS (Safari) (iOS 11+), and Chrome for Android (Latest Version). Internet Explorer, Samsung Internet and UC Browser are not supported and will likely result in technical difficulties if used to interact with the Contest Website. For contest support, email your details, browser type and explanation of issue to [email protected]
14. Limitations of Liability
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries/Plays; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (if applicable). No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed at any prizing level, Sponsor and/or Administrator reserves the right (subject only to the approval of the Régie) to award only the stated number of prizes the applicable prizing level(s) by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
The Contest is governed by the laws of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. By entering the Contest, the entrant agrees that the courts of the Province of Ontario, Canada shall have jurisdiction to entertain any action or other legal proceedings based on any provision of this Contest’s Official Rules or the running of this Contest.
For Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
16. Entrant’s Privacy & Personal Information
The personal information entrants provide when entering the Contest is collected under the authority of the Sponsor and will be used for the purposes of administering the Contest and prize fulfillment. Personal information provided in connection with the Contest will be shared between the Administrator and the Sponsor. If an entrant provides express consent to receive marketing communications from the Sponsor regarding products and offers, entrant’s contact information will also be used for the purposes of fulfilling the entrant’s request for such communications. Personal information collected, used and retained in connection with the Contest may be stored on servers in the United States and Canada, and may therefore be subject to U.S. laws including the Patriot Act. Your refusal to provide the personal information requested will result in the inability to enter the Contest.
17. Winner List
A request for a list of winners will only be accepted after the contest Draw Date (listed above) and no later than January 20, 2020. For a list of winners, mail in your request to Giant Tiger See Yourself Saving Flip N Win Contest, c/o Launchfire, 22 Hamilton Avenue North, Ottawa, Ontario, K1Y 1B6.